What Is Chemical Burn And How To Treat It Right: The rule of the skin for our homeostasis is very important. Skin participates in protection from microorganisms and fluid and temperature regulation of the body.
We have three layers of skin :
- -Epidermis –the outer layer
- -Dermis –the middle tissue made up of collagen and elastic fibers. Here we have hair follicles reside, sweat glands, blood vessels, and nerves.
- -Hypodermis where larger blood vessels and nerves are found and which is most important in temperature regulation.
- Kill Cancer Cells And Improve Your Immune System With This Plant
- Treat Your Sore Throat With Tea From Blackberry Leaves
- Fight Anemia With Red Wine Blueberry And Nettle Leaf
- HUAWEI CLOUD COVID-19 Fighting with Technology
- Top Best Successful Bloggers and Blogs in Pakistan 2020
- Best Alternates facetime for Android to iPhone
- What Is The Effect That Cranberry Has On Your Health If You Consume It For A Enough Long Time
The burns are categorized into three degrees :
- -First degree-superficial burn that causes local inflammation
- -Second degree-deeper burn with more pain, redness, and inflammation
- -Third-degree- all three layers of the skin are involved .this type of burn is white, leathery and painless because the nerves and blood vessels are damaged.
Chemical burns are classified as:
- -Acids- chemicals with pH less than 7,
- like acetic acid,
- sulfuric acid,
- hydrochloric acid.
- -Bases – pH greater than 7,
- ex. Ammonia
When you have major burs firs that you should do is to:
- Remove the victim from the burning area
- Remove all burning materials from the victim
- Call 911
- Keep the patient warm and still. If it’s available wrap the injured areas with a clean sheet. Do not use cold water because this may cause hypothermia (dropping the body temperature).
If the burn is minor then you should:
- Clean the wound gently with lukewarm water
- Remove all potentially constricting objects (rings, bracelets) because the burn areas are swelling.
- You can use topical antibiotics as silvadene, bacitracin or Neosporin.
- In the case of chemical burns, it’s very important to identify what had caused the burn.